HOW WILL YOU BE REMEMBERED?
What Steps Can You Take Today To
Create A Lasting Legacy For The Community You Live In?
Charitable gift planning through the Community Foundation of the Brazos Valley allows you to create a philanthropic legacy to support the issues and causes you care about.
In the process you can realize financial, tax and estate planning benefits.
Becoming a Donor:
You can become a donor to the Community Foundation of the Brazos Valley in many different ways. From small gifts to large ones, there is a way for everyone to participate in building our community through philanthropy.
Five Simple Steps to Getting Started:
- Think about your goals: Often a conversation with family members or a financial advisor is the best way to start thinking about a charitable plan. CFBV staff members can join you in these conversations if you choose
- Decide when to give: Based on your needs, we can help you decide if it is more appropriate to establish a fund immediately, through your will or through other planned giving strategies
- Decide what to give: We can talk with you about the different kinds of assists you can use to open a fund. While most people open a fund with cash or stock, you can also make a gift of real estate, an interest in a business, artwork or other property
- Talk with us about how to give: Options include a variety of funds that enable you to start giving immediately, giving strategies that will make gifts to your fund later. Or, you can do both
- Choose what you want to support: Once you decide what you want to support - with or without assistance from our staff - the Foundation takes care of all administrative details
Working with us:
To find out more about the many ways the CFBV staff can work with you to fulfill your charitable goals, click here to contact us for more information on our donor services and engagement activities.