Establish an Agency Endowment Fund:
When you're ready to launch or grow your organization’s endowment fund, you can partner with the Community Foundation of the Brazos Valley in order to keep the focus of your valuable staff and board resources on development and solicitation efforts while leaving the complex estate planning, investment management, reporting and technical details to the Community Foundation.
- The Community Foundation adds value to agency endowment programs by offering an investment program that small and midsized nonprofits simply cannot afford to duplicate without at least several million dollars in assets
- Designing an investment policy, selecting an Investment Committee, and performing an extensive, thoughtful investment advisor search can be a major distraction for any agency. Many agencies get sidetracked with these duties and spend little time actually promoting and soliciting endowment gifts
- Our staff provides hands-on assistance, allowing you to outsource your planned giving duties to our organization. We can confidently handle gifts involving complex assets, gift annuities, and trust orrangements
- We have access to experienced accountants and asset managers and have state-of-the-art fund management software designed specifically for the accounting needs of a community foundation. Your agency will receive quarterly fund statements showing investment performance, new gifts, distributions, and the amount available for distribution
- Agencies that have endowment funds with the Community Foundation benefit from the exposure to our family of donors and fund advisors. We share your story with the local philanthropic community and encourage them to support your agency's vision
Four Simple Reasons to Establish Agency Fund:
1) It’s Easy
Establish your fund by completing our Agency Endowment Fund Agreement. We'll guide you through the process. Accomplishing your objectives is made simple by our expert and professional management of your fund. Relieving nonprofits of the burden of investment decisions, tax complications and ongoing administrative details.
2) It’s Flexible
We customize our services to meet your agency’s objectives.
3) It’s Effective
We are dedicated to ensuring that your Agency Fund is as effective as possible. Your fund will share the expertise of a knowledgeable staff, enjoy excellent financial management and benefit from a closely monitored investment strategy. Satisfaction comes from knowing that your contributions are safe and well managed.
4) It’s Permanent
An important part of our work is building permanent Agency Endowment Funds for our community’s nonprofit organizations. Our Board of Trustees ensures funds will grow in perpetuity and will continue to carry out the charitable objectives of the agencies who established them.
Contact our staff to learn how the Community Foundation can help your nonprofit agency grow a permanent source of funding to secure its future.