The Community Foundation offers scholarships that have been created by donors and are tailored to the wishes of each donor.
To apply for a scholarship, please review the related guidelines, determine your eligibility and submit the appropriate materials. Designated scholarship committees will review all of the applications, schedule any necessary interviews and submit materials for review and final award decisions.
Be sure to follow the guidelines carefully. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Prior to submitting your completed application, be sure to review all requirements and ensure that you meet the designated deadline.
ARKEMA New Horizon Scholarships [see counselors at A&M Consolidated High School or College Station High School]
The Arkema New Horizon Scholarship Fund was established in 2007 as a result of a scholarship endowment associated with action by the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission against Elf Atochem. The scholarship fund is managed by the Community Foundation of the Brazos Valley, and $1,000 scholarships [$500 - Fall; $500 Spring] are available to graduating students within the Bryan and College Station School Districts.
Eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Attend any college or university as a full-time student [register for at least 12 hours]
- Pursue a major in any of the following areas:
- Life sciences including biology, microbiology, biochemistry, botany, agriculture or marine sciences;
- Geology, atmospheric science, geophysics or chemistry; or
- Environmental engineering or any engineering that has a primary focus related to life science, geology or chemistry.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA [following Fall semester]
- Establish financial need
E.Z. and Helen Milstead Scholarships [APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE AT FRANKLIN HIGH SCHOOL]